lower unit noise F90TLRB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower unit noise F90TLRB

I Have a 2003 90 hp 4 stroke and it has been the best!
    I was on Mark Twain reservoir and at about 5-7 mph hit some shallow rock. I still had the skage and the ss prop looked ok but when I got up on plane I could hear a ticking / growl sound that I never heard b4. Later when I put the boat on the trailer I spun the prop by hand and could see that the prop shaft was bent. Maybe .06-.09 runout. Pulled the lower unit and took it to a local Yamaha dealer to have a new shaft put in and anything else. Tried it out on Sunday and it still has the noise when up on plane. The motor sounds just fine at idle and low speed. What could still be wrong? I dont know if the place I took the lower unit really knew there stuff. I may put my aluminum prop on and take it to a local lake to see if that helps. This outboard used to just purr quiet. The noise isnt that loud but I can tell it isnt right. If I have to I will get a spanner wrench and take the whole thing apart myself. Just looking for some wisdom.

wisdom would be to ask the dealership that did the work.
    stupidity would be to wing it yourself without any clue what your looking for. that and it would VOID any warrenty on that repair.

methinks now your a tad nervous.
    changing just a propshaft on that model a semi trained monky can do.

Comment

that noise could be coming from the bushing in your ss prop as if it bent your shaft then its pretty clear your rubber bushing would have been twisted inside

Comment

Working...
      X