f 225 TLR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f 225 TLR

Hi, i have a 2007 F225 TLR. Went to replace oil filter and found a disconnected plug adjacent to the oil filter ( on starboard side of filter, behind positive terminal post). Plug base on motor has 3 prongs which are bent over. Looks like last service person may have pushed plug back in and in the process bent the prongs. I am unable to locate part on diagrams. We have run the boat this season, seem to be fine. Can you help with identifying the part and a replacement ?
    thanks in advance

I am guessing that it is the oil pressure sensor. Needs to be fixed. Do you think the motor idles at a higher than normal RPM or not?

Comment

That looks like it. I don't notice a difference in idle rpm. would you have a part #.
      Thanks for the quick response .

Comment

if the ECU sees that sensor unplugged it will typically raise the idle speed to about 1000 RPM, I have seen it not.
        try to straighten the pins, that's an expensive sensor.
        or take it back to whoever did it.

Comment

Part number 6AW-83651-00-00.

All parts used on the motor that have part numbers are in the parts catalog. Get used to it and let it be your friend.

2006 and Later F225TLR Yamaha Outboard CYLINDER CRANKCASE 1 Diagram and Parts

Comment

Just ordered new sensor as old unit was beyond repair. thanks for the help .

Comment

Working...
            X