1998 C40TLRW overheat alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 C40TLRW overheat alarm

when running full throttle, or near for a few minutes, the buzzer goes off. back off to idle and it goes away after 30 seconds. There are no real indications of overheat and there is a very strong stream from the pee hole, even at idle. could this be a sensor or is it possible there are problems with thermostat or passages ? if so, what is the recommended remedy ?

The quickest and easiest items to check would be the thermostat and pressure control valve.....they can get mineral deposits and cause sticking.....pretty easy to clean each one in a mild acid and a toothbrush and re-install or replace with new ones. Next would be to drop lower unit and check the water pump....

Comment

I know where the thermostat is.. where do I locate the pressure control valve ?

Comment

the 40 does not have one.\

If stat is new or tested good, test the temp switch, and if pump has been replaced I would be concerned about passages plugging.
        You can take motor apart to clean or try some chemical flushing

Comment

thought I would provide an update. It was indeed the Thermostat. Now it will run full throttle until it runs out of gas without any alarms.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back. Much appreciated. Seldom received.

Comment

Working...
            X