The serial number from hell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The serial number from hell!

I bought a used boat like many and I have a 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker which I need to replace the impeller. It's like I have the serial number from Hell! I cannot find anything around the internet that shows me exactly what I got! The nameplate reads (pic below) F9.9LG 6G9 L 302168. What I have found through my searches is that I have either a 1985, 1993,94 or 95 motor? I'm trying to find the impeller kit. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Thanking everyone in advance!
    Last edited by another best/worst day; 05-06-2019, 09:56 AM.

I think you want repair kit # 682-W0078-A1-00. That's for '84-'04 F9.9 models.
    2011 F50TLR, 2010 G3 V167C

Comment

doesn't seem to be a US model, right?

but going by this document, perhaps a 1988

https://www.huntsmarine.com.au/pages/yamaha-year-models

This Yamaha outboard year model chart will only work for Asia Pacific distributed engines. If you have a Yamaha engine that has been bought in from America or Europe direct the parts will still be the same but your model and year model code will be different. You will have to use your own knowledge of your engine to se

Comment

Methinketh the problem is not with the serial number but rather this is operator error.

Comment

Embarrassing isn't it?

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              Methinketh the problem is not with the serial number but rather this is operator error.
              ]
              apparently
              so what did I mess up in entering the PID?
              tried it twice and no return.

(cursed antique engines...)

Comment

Older models sometimes won't work in the search box. I suspect that Yamaha does not have adequate records from that long ago. Hell, even their current records (data) is suspect. lol

Comment

This sites model identify chart has "F" and "G" listed as 1989??

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha/outboard-by-year

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
                    This sites model identify chart has "F" and "G" listed as 1989??

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha/outboard-by-year
                    When you get to the link you posted, click on 1988. What is the last letter of every model that you see?

Then click on 1987. What do you see?

Comment

Yes as usual you are correct.

I was just pointing out that this chart could cause some confusion. The chart you posted dosnt have this mistake.

I think I sent boats.net a message a few years ago about it...but it is still there.

Comment

I came from aviation where data is supposed to be correct. Yamaha data drives me crazy.

Comment

Working...
                        X