gauge installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gauge installation

I have a Yamaha tachometer and a fuel gauge (orange with black background) that I need to install. I have the tach plugged into my main swich (green, yellow, black wires) Actually the black wire has a male end and the black wire coming from the switch has a male end as well so I cant plug it in.
    Fuel gauge has a white wire (to or from sender?), a yellow wire (switchable power?) and a black wire (ground?) which spits into two. Can I tap into the yellow wire from the tach? Does the wire from my sender (I guess ground) need to go to the black on fuel gauge or can it be just grounded? And can I just take those black wires and hook them up to my negative bus bar? I know the blue and black wires a the top of the gauges are for lights. I don't really need the lights now, can I just tape them up and leave them be? I'm probably making this more complicated than it really is.

The Yamaha gauge harness 6Y5-83553-M0-00 has the multi connects on end to connect multiable gauges but yes you can link all the yellows, blacks and blue togather. The pink wire from fuel tank sender connects to white wire on fuel gauge.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X