Waverunner 700XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waverunner 700XL

Just got a 2000 waverunner 700XL. Needed a little work. runs great. My only question, and I cannot find this anywhere, is there are two small hoses that connect to the carburetor and then just go nowhere. They are disconnected and flapping around. They are not the oil lines from the oil pump. they are slightly smaller than those. They seem to be clear lines. Anybody know where they hook up too? I searched everywhere.

Your post wasn't terribly clear, the two hoses are each connected to each carb? (should be TWO CARBS per the parts fisch, maybe bolted together). Can you post a pic?

Here's a link to your carb:

Yamaha WaveRunner Parts 2000 XL700 - XL700Y CARBURETOR Diagram Carb #2 seems to have two hose nipples on the end of it, can you pinpoint, by part #, where the hoses connect to?

You don't have float bowls but diaphram carbs but those hoses almost sound like drain hoses for the carbs(which I don't believe a diaphram carb would have).

They may be vent lines as well.

Once in that link, you can pick a different area of the machine to explore, just click on say "fuel".

Thinking about it, the covers for each carb diaphram has to be vented (to allow it to move internally). Are those hoses attached to either the cover or really close to it?

If so, they likely wouldn't attach anywhere, maybe looped downward to keep crap/water from getting in there.
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 07-12-2014, 06:40 AM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
    X