Yamaha 15 4 stroke conversion to remote control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 15 4 stroke conversion to remote control

I have a f15elhw (4 stroke, electric start) tiller control that I would like to convert to remote control. Does anybody know the part nos. associated with this conversion. It looks like the remote connection kit is: 66M-48501-00-00
    How about the steering kit and the controls?

Yes. The stuff that you need is known.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I spent a fair amount of time last night trying to find the parts myself. All of the listings for remote control kit and steering link were listed as 2006 and beyond. My engine is '98. Will these parts fit my engine?

Comment

Here is what I see from a 2001 Outboard Rigging Guide. It appears that a 2001 F15 is more or less the same as a 1998 F15.

What is your local dealer doing to help you? He should know all that needs to be done.

Boat Parts: 66M-48501-00-00, 63V-48511-01-00, 63V-61350-00-00, 63V-43131-10-00

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I spent a fair amount of time last night trying to find the parts myself. All of the listings for remote control kit and steering link were listed as 2006 and beyond. My engine is '98. Will these parts fit my engine?

Comment

Originally posted by networker View Post
            You will be the one to say for sure following completion of the modification.

By the way

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Comment

Thanks again for the info.
              Thanks for the rigging guides...I looked all over the place for them but couldn't find the one for my motor.
              You're right, when I'm done, I'll know all about this. Maybe I can help someone on this forum as you just did for me. Sure wish I had a dealer with your knowledge near me but the closest one is 60 miles away.
              Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X