Stymied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stymied

Hi, I have a 98 Yamaha 25hp 2 stroke, worked fine last year, this year at full throttle for about 10 minutes the engine started bogging and the red light beside the starter button came on. checked, lots of oil.. Any idea's

I would guess it's either overheating, the oil level sensor is bad, or the thermo switch is bad. When's the last time you changed the impeller and the thermostat? Does the cooling water exit stream seem strong when you rev up to 1000 rpm or so?

If you don't think it was overheating, then you should get the service manual. That will tell you how to test the thermo switch and the oil level sensor. I think you can get the manual from this site.
    2011 F50TLR, 2010 G3 V167C

Comment

Thanks, gives me a direction to start with.

Comment

It’s just a random red light? No idea what it is for?
        Overheat or low oil most likely. Amazing that people have warning indicators that have no idea what they are indicating.

Comment

Can you post the model and serial number from the data plate on the transom bracket?
          That would help everyone know what engine and warning lights you may or may not have.
          Thxs

Comment

Comment

Hope this helps. Any positive feedback is appreciated

Comment

No pic's posted..
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                X