Laying 300hp on side for transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laying 300hp on side for transport

Hey guys just purchased twin 2014 300hp 4.2 litre yamahas. I need to transport these on the back of a truck to my boat. They would be laying down for only a couple of hours before being mounted again. Do i need to drain the oil out or lay them on a particular side? They have only just had an oil and filter change so if i can avoid draining oil it would be ideal.

You will need to drain the oil.

Comment

2 X 6 across the bed of the truck from the top of one bed rail to the other. Position and clamp the motors to the 2 X 6. The top of the motors will then be elevated and no oil will drain out. Securely strap everything down. Drive slowly.

Comment

If you choose to drain the oil, I have reused drained oil by lining the catch bucket with a clean trash bag. Cheers!

Please return and let us know how it goes and what you end up doing... your experience and report may help others. You will help me to help others...
        BonChance!
        If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

why not just pump the oil out into a clean jug and then just pour it back in after you hang them on your boat?

If you do not have an oil extractor for changing oil in those motors you need to get one anyway to make you life a lot easier

Comment

Deleted post
            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-01-2019, 07:55 AM.
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
            X