Water in fuel issues, f225 will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James70818 View Post

The water would not have been sitting in the system as it had fuel and the filters did there job at first. Once we started pulling water out of the tank during our trip the filters did all they could until it was just too much water. No way of measuring the fuel rail pressure other than to say it shoots out about 6 foot when you turn on the fuel pump and press the fuel rail valve in. She gets therapy tomorrow!
    But you drained water out of vst correct? How long did it sit there?

Comment

We did remove some brownish residue from the VST tank and the fuel rail
      Then you should check the VST filter, not just drain it.
      2011 F50TLR, 2010 G3 V167C

Comment

brownish residue sounds like rust

Comment

The water would not have been sitting in the system as it had fuel and the filters did there job at first. Once we started pulling water out of the tank during our trip the filters did all they could until it was just too much water. No way of measuring the fuel rail pressure other than to say it shoots out about 6 foot when you turn on the fuel pump and press the fuel rail valve in. She gets therapy tomorrow!
          There is a way to measure the pressure - with a fuel pressure gauge (available at just about any parts store and relatively cheap).

Did you double check the kill switch? As you mentioned earlier, I agree that it would be really strange for all 6 injectors to be clogged to the point of no workie. But stranger things have happened.
          2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
          1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

But you drained water out of vst correct? How long did it sit there?
            The boat was not run run since the fiberglass work in November. This last Thursday was the first time it had run since. I would presume the fuel in the engine was fine then and it when I ran the boat I pulled in the water on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post

There is a way to measure the pressure - with a fuel pressure gauge (available at just about any parts store and relatively cheap).

Did you double check the kill switch? As you mentioned earlier, I agree that it would be really strange for all 6 injectors to be clogged to the point of no workie. But stranger things have happened.
              Yeah, kill switch was fine. Pulled a plug and had spark. I agree on getting a cheap pressure gauge. But at the time we were at the end of the world in Grand Isle, LA and the nearest parts store is 1.5 hours away.

Comment

Originally posted by rejesterd View Post

Then you should check the VST filter, not just drain it.
                Agreed, it is on the list.

Comment

Boat is at the shop now, I will post the findings as soon as I get them. Thanks for all the input.

James

Comment

Yeah, kill switch was fine. Pulled a plug and had spark. I agree on getting a cheap pressure gauge. But at the time we were at the end of the world in Grand Isle, LA and the nearest parts store is 1.5 hours away.
                    Ah, understood. I'm in a similar situation when we're at our cottage in Maine. Good luck - hopefully it's something simple.
                    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
                    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
                    X