2008 F90TLR fitting leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 F90TLR fitting leak

Motor is a 2008 F90. Can anyone tell me how this plastic elbow is sealed onto the cooling system cover? It has a slow leak from where it joins into the aluminum cover and I'm not sure how to remove it. I figured maybe it is press fit with an o-ring or something but it feels solid. Does the entire cover need to come off? Thanks for any help!

Part #13? Looks to be replaceable...

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...er-crankcase-1

I'd order the part, once in hand, you'll see if there's threads / sealer, pressure fit, etc..

Then remove yours as you now know how it attaches..

*Added info, https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha...67e77f08487e5f
    It appears to push in, as for sealer, IDK, someone else will chime in..(Probably some sort of Yamaha sealer).
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-28-2019, 07:53 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

If those are dissimilar materials like aluminum and some type of plastic then it may be repaired with epoxy or JB Weld....but looks like it may need removal to do it. Not much stress, pressure, vibration or heat there so I believe a repaire might work.....

Comment

Its the larger fitting above part #13 made out of plastic vs the brass. It don't see a part number for it.

Comment

Rodbolt suggested Loctite 518 at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by marknorthriver View Post
            Its the larger fitting above part #13 made out of plastic vs the brass. It don't see a part number for it.
            It is not sold separately. Thus no part number. It is an integral part of item 12, the exhaust outer cover.

Comment

Thanks. It must be bonded in and probably difficult to remove without breaking it. I may try and jbweld the seam from the outside and see if it will seal up otherwise try an remove it and possibly have to replace the cover.

Comment

Originally posted by marknorthriver View Post
                Thanks. It must be bonded in and probably difficult to remove without breaking it. I may try and jbweld the seam from the outside and see if it will seal up otherwise try an remove it and possibly have to replace the cover.
                If you clean it up real well, Yamabond CASE SEALER (GRAY) will seal it up, no doubt (and easier than JB Weld-no running).

There's a part # on the same page(#13), am I missing something?

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-29-2019, 06:36 AM.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

It is not sold separately. Thus no part number. It is an integral part of item 12, the exhaust outer cover.

Huh?

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                    There's a part # on the same page(#13), am I missing something?

That part is the small brass elbow - like this one, shown on an F150:

Comment

did you guys miss what the OP said?
                      "Its the larger fitting above part #13 made out of plastic vs the brass. It don't see a part number for it."

it is right above the Brass nipple and right next to the #19, but the number 19 is pointing at the bolt

Comment

Not sure what you guys are seeing but the photo posted by the OP shows a circle around the part in question.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

Huh?
                          HUH is right.

From the OP "Its the larger fitting above part #13 made out of plastic vs the brass. It don't see a part number for it."

Comment

Comment

I think by now Townsends will understand his error.

However - and nothing to do with the OP's problem -

some interesting history with that F90 exhaust cover:

for the years prior to 04/2006, that brass nipple was not there

[/url]

when it was added in 04/2006, the nipple was not called out as a replaceable part

beginning the following year, 04/2007 - it is:

Comment

Working...
                              X