No announcement yet.

Yam fuel flow sending units 2005ish....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** I think you can get new filter housings fairly inexpensive on walmart.com.
    I bought once, the 10 mic Racor elements (for the ones with clear water bowls) on there for I think $17 each? I bought all I could get...
    If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Yam and Gator,

2005 F225 TURD four strokes. Two of em. Yamaha got this one right, TURD is an apt descriptor.

By casting I mean the top section of the Racor. What the filter spins onto. The not so cheap part of the equation. They cleaned up nicely with a block and some 320. They should be good to go for a while.

I see merit in your idea about using the AUX tank for non e10. Few probs with this are the availability of non-ethanol fuel here. Zero at marina's and the nearest station is pretty far off. Plus, I burn a lot of gas so toting it in 6 gal containers is somewhat impractical. None the less, I'll consider that once I get this pig running.

When I say lift pump, I mean the first stage low-psi delivery pump. The one that fills the VST. The one that Yam wants 500 bucks for. No idea if it has simply shat the bed or is not receiving proper signals from the ECU. Will change it this weekend and see if its the culprit or I have a more sinister and potentially expen$ive voltage issue. Fortunately, I have been through this exercise many times and have spares. I understand the 10/20 second idle cycle.

I understand your troubleshooting regimen for the sending units. Once I get the Port TURD running, I will commence.
      45092.jpg
      Last edited by oldmako69; 04-24-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X