Trim gauge wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim gauge wiring

I am fitting a 70HP BETO in place of a 55hp. There was a trim gauge fitted but not wired in so I am wiring it in now. The 70 has a 10 pin harness and the 55 had a 7 pin one so I have joined the two and run the trim wires separately ( I didn't have a complete harness ). Every thing is now working fine except the trim gauge. The gauge has two harnesses coming out of it, one with black, pink,orange and grey, the other yellow, blue and black. the trim sensor has black, pink and orange. I have studied the wiring diagrams available on line but it isn't very clear. The blue and black wires are the instrument lights, can anyone assist me with the others?
    Thank you.

What is the complete serial number/PID for the motor?

Comment

70 BETO 6H3 L 476485 4.109 the year is 1991

Comment

Black is for ground. Yellow is for 12 volts positive. Blue is 12 volts positive for the internal light. These wires get connected to a small fused harness that runs to the key switch.

The other wires get connected to a harness that runs to the motor which then connects to the trim sensor.

Here is an illustration that shows the concept. This is from a later model motor so the wire colours won't necessarily be the same.

Mr. Rodbolt - If you read this post let me know. I have a question that maybe you can answer. The question being, does the trim meter provide the five volt reference to the trim sensor in the same manner that the digital multi-function tachometer does? It appears so but this was all before my Yamaha time. Thanks.

Comment

IF and only IF the trim sensor has 3 wires, the gauge it connects to has to provide the 5V ref.
          typically on a Yamaha if the wire is orange its a 5V ref feed.
          I don't know how any international market motors are wired, other than my wifes famililys 250AETO in VE, so I cant help much other than trons are trons and no matter where in the world, they act the same.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help, this diagram makes it much clearer.

Comment

Working...
            X