No announcement yet.

Please help with long term Yamaha 150hp 4 Stroke issue,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will check the balance. I will also go through every connection as it does seem like one of them must be causing the issue from a bump. I will keep you posted. Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex8888 View Post
      I will check the balance. I will also go through every connection as it does seem like one of them must be causing the issue from a bump. I will keep you posted. Thanks all!
      If you call Yamaha headquarters, they should know what type the last installed balancer (from a dealership or from the factory) was installed.

There are no #'s stamped on the case to identify the type...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Progress has been made. I had another issue which I thought was unrelated. This was the fact that water was getting into and collecting at the bottom of the engine bay when at speed. I went about looking for this leak and sure enough found it coming from my Speedometer tube which was entering the bottom of the engine head, passing through the engine bay and meant to pass out through the main front section where all major wiring/fuel comes through. This was snapped and would let water into the engine bay to collect. I removed this pipe solving my leak problem and then went for a good burn and couldn't get the engine to cut like I usually could in the previously described problem... My thoughts - perhaps the pooled water was building up and when I hit a wave it was agitating it and causing it to short somthing... I must go for one more good burn and really test her but things are possibly looking up!.
        Last edited by Alex8888; 04-12-2019, 06:55 AM.

Comment

That or the engine was inhaling some water...

That hose is extremely flexible too....
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Progress has been made. I had another issue which I thought was unrelated. This was the fact that water was getting into and collecting at the bottom of the engine bay when at speed. I went about looking for this leak and sure enough found it coming from my Speedometer tube which was entering the bottom of the engine head, passing through the engine bay and meant to pass out through the main front section where all major wiring/fuel comes through. This was snapped and would let water into the engine bay to collect. I removed this pipe solving my leak problem and then went for a good burn and couldn't get the engine to cut like I usually could in the previously described problem... My thoughts - perhaps the pooled water was building up and when I hit a wave it was agitating it and causing it to short somthing... I must go for one more good burn and really test her but things are possibly looking up!.
            The drain holes in that engine pan are NOT particularly efficient. Fill that pan up with water and you can just about finish a beer before it completely empties.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
              That or the engine was inhaling some water...

That hose is extremely flexible too....
              Yes this could have been happening too.

And I agree pstephens, Very poor drainage.

Comment

Yes this could have been happening too.

And I agree pstephens, Very poor drainage.
                This is becoming a different ball **** if you are drowning everything in salt water. 10 seconds to drain pstevens isn't that bad😀

Comment

Working...
                X