Yamaha 90HP (1996)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 90HP (1996)

I have had my second carb rebuild in 3 years this spring. After the first one, I religiously followed the dealer recommendations of storing the boat full and "wet", along with the Yamaha fuel treatment and ring free for storage.

This dealer says that today's fuel is so unreliable that this is not uncommon.

My questions are: do you all agree with the process I described? Is fuel really the culprit? should I be using different additives, like sea foam?

the ethanol fuel today will strip stuff off of the wall of tank and lines and it ends up in carbs. Do you run a 10 micron fuel water separator in line before it hits the motor?
    I would help.

lots of different additives now a days for keeping fuel from going south.
    I like starton, but stabil makes some for ethanol marine fuel.
    And there are many more out on the market.

Keep fuel fresh and run often is the best way

Comment

I paid for a carb job one time (I have twins) and decided I would only run non ethanol from that point forward. It is difficult to find and more expensive but I haven't been broken down either. That being said CRC Phasegaurd 4 worked well for me before I switched over to only non ethanol fuel.

Comment

I never run ethonal

Comment

I always drain the carbs on my 1999 C90 for any motor lay-ups of several weeks or months....never a problem, so far. I do run Stabil and Ringfree all the time. A fuel/water separator is also excellent preventive maintenance. Once you drain carbs once or twice, it's an easy, 10 minute job....well worth it!......

Comment

Working...
          X