2013 90 hp hot cranking problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 90 hp hot cranking problem

I have a new 90 hp 4 stroke. Engine runs great and cranks immediately when cold. My issue is when the motor is hot and you cut it off and let it sit 15 minutes or so. When I restart, it immediately fires right up and then cuts right back off. When I re-crank it the 2nd time it runs perfectly with no issues. This should not be happening to a fuel injected 4 stroke ( my previous 2007 90hp did not do this)

I've called my dealer and scheduled a appointment but when I described the issue he seemed at a loss since the motor cranks good cold. (he said that proves the fuel rail or injectors are not leaking down) He wants me to check fuel bulb pressure and see how firm it is before I bring in the boat. His statement was not reassuring.

Can you give me some other ideas what could be causing this issue that I perhaps can mention for the dealer to check? Have you experienced similar problems like this? Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

I am thinking you need to find another dealer.
    once the vst is filled you can toss the primer in an approved EPA dump site.
    could be most anything from incorrect set up to an out of range sensor but its not your primer bulb.

Comment

Is there anyway the VST is draining or getting so low that it runs out of fuel on a hot restart, causing rail pressure to drop enough to shut down motor?

Then lift pump fills it back up on the short start/run, but not in time to keep it running?

Just a thought, may not be a good one but a thought

Comment

nope
        not only are you out of left field, you missed the ball park with that thought.
        that VST holds enough fuel for about 10 min of idle time.

the needle valve is a siphon break, wont drain back.

does the dealership have ANY Yamaha school certificates on the wall?

if not find a real dealership.

school certs only means the dealership tries, doesn't mean much else.

I have been doing various training schools once a year for the past 20 years or so.
        it helps but only if the tech pays attention and understands, passing a test is simple.

Comment

Working...
        X