70 BETO 6H3 model year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is definitively a 1989 model.

I was judging from the Boat.net spare drawings, where the '87 model has the sender with 4 wires and the '89 3 wires and since mine has 4 wires...

So for this I guess I can install a three wire sender and the screws template should perfectly match.

Do you agree?

Comment

I agree that the parts catalog for a 1989 70 HP two stroke indicates usage of a three wire sender.

If you are not the original owner of your motor it is anyone's guess as to how a four wire sender got installed in the first place.

Comment

...and I just ordered a 3 wires sender!

Thanks for your help.

Comment

yamaha outboard

Does anyone know what year this Yamaha outboard motor is:
          70beto 6H3-L-467224
          Also would a 1990 lower unit fit this 70hp outboard?

Comment

Looks like a 1988 model.

Over to the experts now for their help with the second part of your question

Comment

70beto

Hi all , ,

Can anyone please help.

I have a Yam 70BETO L - 486692, can anyone identify this model year??

Another question

It has a digital tachometer - I think it's (6Y5-83500-T0-00)
              with no buttons-older version (Rpm and trim display and temp, oil low, oil , oil full lamps).
              So the LCD is a little weak from exposure to the sun.
              Is there a way to connect another analog tachometer to read the RPM-s.
              Does the analog tachometer need a special input , or it can be connected to the same wires that goes to the digital tachometer- some say green or grey wire from motor or 703 remote control ??

Can anyone help resolve this?

Comment

probably would help if you started your own new thread instead of posting on an old dead thread

Comment

Would have been better if you started your own new thread but the horse has left the barn.

Here is a link to a procedure where one crafty fellow repaired his Yamaha multifunction gauge.

Repair Faded Yamaha Multifuction Gauge - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

You did not provide the full identity for your motor so I can't determine its year. The "L - 486692" you provided is preceded by some more numbers and letters. It will begin with the number 6.

The wires that power any tachometer in a Yamaha system are yellow for 12 volts positive and black for the ground. A green wire is used for the tachometer signal.

Comment

Originally posted by sasko1980 View Post
                    Hi all , ,

Can anyone please help.

I have a Yam 70BETO L - 486692, can anyone identify this model year??

<snip>

Can anyone help resolve this?
                    Looks like a 6H3 1995 model, equivalent to the US 70TLRT.

(Feeling magnanamous )

Comment

Outstanding answers from JohnOrrett and boscoe99.

Boscoe99, do you think that the Yamaha analog tachometer (not digital) uses the same yellow, black and green wire to work?

Thank you guys again for your answers, you ROCK!

Comment

70 beto

Do anyone knows that green wire from Yam motor 3 Cyl emits a 12 V pulses
                        for tacho??

1000 RPM - 145 Hz
                        3000 RPM - 435 Hz
                        4000 RPM - 580 Hz
                        5000 RPM - 725 Hz

Comment

Working...
                        X