Boeing in hot water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Thoughts were that aggravating management on a regular basis might not be a good way to zoom through the ranks.
    I see now what you mean.

But management in lots of cases has no idea what an airplane looks like. Which way does the pointy end go? They are too busy counting beans. Or ways to inflate stuff so as to enhance their bonus'. Always wished I had had a job where if I failed to perform they would pay me millions to go away. Never happened.
    Last edited by boscoe99; 03-23-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

people hated to see me in meetings.
      too many questions and not going with the flow.
      meetings went too long.

I stood up to the bosses and told them what I thought and what most of the others thought , but refused to say.

Most were glad when I retired, but some kept asking me to come back for some projects or to train others.
      I never went back. there is no way to train people to care about what they do.

they refused to give me a package like they did to people that they wanted to get rid of.
      Life is good outside the plants and I did/do not need the extra money and have had a good 13 years not dealing with them.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

More likely it will be Boeing's insurance (or reinsurance) companies that pay for the mistake. We the consumers will then pay in the form of higher insurance premiums.

Is the 737 Max version being flown in Canada? If so, Transport Canada must have been in the loop and approved the system as is. Same with all of the non-US carriers.

Apparently both of the companies that had the crashes chose not to purchase the optional warning systems. Like the cheap barstard Yam owner that does not want to pay for a device to tell him why the warning horn is blaring.

Is now the right time to buy some Boeing stock? I had thought of buying some at the mid $80 per share level when the Li batteries were acting up. I procrastinated.
        Air Canada and West Jet have 737 max aircraft.
        I would think it is a rubber stamp thing. FAA certs an aircraft and transport Canada ànd EU just reviews and follow suit.

Same as Transport Canada certs an aircraft (Bombardier) and FAA, EU follows suit.

We have almost identical regulations so it's a matter of trust that it was done with due diligence.

Comment

dunno.
          I talked with my broker.
          gonna dump about 40K of BP stock and buy boeing.
          bought the BP stock at about 23 a share.

Comment

Here is a picture of an AOA vane on one of the aircraft I work on.

Comment

Working...
            X