Can Yamaha make a vacuum cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Yamaha make a vacuum cleaner?

I vacuum rarely these days. Pressed into service Friday night. Nothing but cursing and yelling. We have owned many and they all suck. Absolutely on the verge of heaving it into the front yard. Maybe even shooting it a few times. Wife ordered another today. Low expectations. Rant done

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
    I vacuum rarely these days. Pressed into service Friday night. Nothing but cursing and yelling. We have owned many and they all suck. Absolutely on the verge of heaving it into the front yard. Maybe even shooting it a few times. Wife ordered another today. Low expectations. Rant done
    Sounds like the vacuum cleaner is working as designed!

Vacuuming isn't high on my "like to do" list, either.

Vacuuming carpets? Make sure to clean the beater bar regularly - it gets clogged up with hair and such and definitely affects the performance.
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Bored. Waiting on the tornadoes.

Comment

exactly what is wrong with your vacuum?

I work on the ones at the church often and most of the time they are plugged up inside so no picking up anymore.
        objects get picked up and hang up in some pathway and then lots of other stuff just pile up around it.

then there are filter that need replacing or cleaning that get overlooked also

Comment

This is a universal problem with filters: the finer they are the quicker they clog up and then nothing works, then constant cleaning or replacement has to be done!

Atleast the vacuum manufacturers have used technology that doesn't require the air to pass through a filter. They use a centrifugal affect where particles that are heavier than air are "thrown" out of circulation.

Conventional filters don't incorporate this ability to separate particles from the stream (water, air, oil, fuel etc.) and allows the particles to block the flow - primitively stupid really.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
            exactly what is wrong with your vacuum?

I work on the ones at the church often and most of the time they are plugged up inside so no picking up anymore.
            objects get picked up and hang up in some pathway and then lots of other stuff just pile up around it.

then there are filter that need replacing or cleaning that get overlooked also
            I can rip these things apart and have done so. That’s fine. I think these companies try to make things easier. Easy access, quick dump. Basically adds places to leak vacuum. Or
            pressure as Roscoe prescribes. Seals have to be cleaned all the time. If people weren’t so damn dirty, life would be easier.

hoping that the Dyson model shows up with the vacuum unit. With the nice tight tan pants and whatnot.

Comment

We bought a Shark at Walmart for $129....Works fine for our purposes.....the rainy weather bothers me a lot more than the vacuum!!!!!

Comment

Have had a Dyson for about 15 years, now, and have been happy. Not cheap, by any means, but I guess if it lasts this long - with good performance - then it was worth it.

Comment

What you REALLY need, though, is Jaws!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxtBqRIiEjU

Comment

Comment

I bought a Shark at Costco last year. Excellent Vac. I also have a very old Royal. That thing will suck up anything. 1022.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X