Emergency pull start part #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency pull start part #?

Is there a specific pull start rope/kit part number for a 2005 90TLRD or are they universal?

want to get one for piece of mind

Has anyone tried to pull start a 90 Yamaha before?
    We had a 45 Sea King back in the 60s and even that was a big chore

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      Has anyone tried to pull start a 90 Yamaha before?
      We had a 45 Sea King back in the 60s and even that was a big chore
      No a 90.. but I’ve pulled started a 150 a few times. If they’re warm it’s surprisingly not bad

Comment

More than likely the motor will not be warm when you try to pull start, but you never know maybe the starter smokes after running around in the boats for awhile for some reason that I cannot think of.
        more than likely the battery will be dead after sitting for a long time

Comment

Just as a safety factor... nice to have at least some hope of the battery dies and I’m 15 miles downstream of the launch

Comment

It can be done, it's amazing what you can do when you have to! just make sure if/when you have to use it, key on, manual choke on, make sure no one is standing behind you, because an elbow to the face is not such a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
              It can be done, it's amazing what you can do when you have to! just make sure if/when you have to use it, key on, manual choke on, make sure no one is standing behind you, because an elbow to the face is not such a good thing.
              When I am into doing anything it is not gonna be good if anyone tries to lean over my shoulder and watch. They are gonna get flailed.

Comment

Originally posted by mitch184 View Post
                Is there a specific pull start rope/kit part number for a 2005 90TLRD or are they universal?

Just a rope and a handle for say a larger (10HP isn't too thick or too thin) Briggs or Honda lawn mower. That line would be heavy enough.

Tie a knot on the engine end to fit in the flywheel...

The larger the handle, and if you can find it in rubber, the better..
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by mitch184 View Post

Some motors come with them and others don't. I would just get a universal one as opposed to a Yamaha branded one.

Comment

The old merc v6 came with them in a clear package glued to the engine or cowling.

Comment

Do larger Yamaha motors come with a place to hook up a rope to and wind around?

Comment

Not that i know of.

Comment

I will have to see if my C40 has a place, I think it should have one

Comment

The smaller engines come with a kit, rope and a spark plug socket wrench.

Comment

What I was getting at was which motors have a place to put a rope to manual pull start the motor.
                              is there a HP where the manufacturer stops putting that on the motors?

Comment

Working...
                              X