Probably fuel related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably fuel related

Just purchased a '95 two stroke 90. Have to assume gas is old and causing hard start and sluggish top end. Half second shot of starting fluid and it fires up and runs fine except it seems to run out of umph at 4400 rpm. Next day, same thing, seller just had it serviced prior to sale, saw the paperwork. Has a built in tank that shows full. Is it worth trying to suck the gas out and putting in new, or is it okay to just burn it?
    I'd hate to cause damage, it has less than 200 hours.

when I bought my boat, it had fuel sender falling out as all screws deteriorated and holes had stripped thread in twice diameter holes. previous owner claimed it starts and runs ok and I believe him, it is Yamaha after all (couple cylinders scorned, one piston two times smaller in diameter). in a tank was total 15 gallons: 10 gallons of bad gas and 5 gallons of water. advanceautoparts sell electric fuel pump (#12 for up tp 35 GPH) to transfer gas and if done carefully, it somewhat safe procedure. get rid of bad gas. I deposited it in my area recycling program, dried and cleaned tank.

Comment

Working...
    X