No announcement yet.

SX250TXRY OX66 Four wire trim motor..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah I got that too and thanks for posting Boscoe. To get the guy out on the water this weekend I bypassed the thermo switch by disconnecting the white wire from the double gnd and grounding the double to a good gnd works fine now and have a new motor on the way oh I can't wait for that.... yippie.

Gunz

Comment

Don't worry, other than possibly fighting some corrosion, the motor replacement is VERY straight forward. I removed the entire PTT assembly in about 30 minutes. The engine DOES not have to come off the transom to do it, regardless of what you might read online somewhere. However, you may very well be able to get the motor off without removing the assembly. Are you don't want to just open up the motor and check out the switch? Maybe it can be replaced by itself? I did not open my motor as there was no need to, so I'm just wondering outloud there.

You'll probably be OK with what you did, but watch out for overheating the white and double black wires.
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Sorry Dennis been away for a few day days. The guy doesn't want to pay to fix the motor so what ya gonna do....

Comment

Working...
        X