Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F115 trim limit module and remote switch part no.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 trim limit module and remote switch part no.

I have been trying to find the part number for the optional trim tilt limit module to limit the tilt on the motor to prevent cowling hitting the bait board.
    I believe it is a magnetic module that is in addition to the tilt limit switch that is standard 63p-825ey-00 already on the outboard ??

Also what is the part number for Remote Switch and Stop the manual indicates 6r5-82570-05 but I can not find this part on the site. It's a 2008 motor F115AET 68VX

I am looking to have expressed post to Australia what is the best way to get it here quickly
    Thanks
    David
    Last edited by Aussiefinatic; 06-11-2014, 09:33 AM.

Here is a link to the optional tilt limiter components for a Yamaha F115 that is sold here in the USA.

2006 and Later F115LA_011 Yamaha Outboard OPTIONAL PARTS 2 Diagram and Parts

According to my data this device is applicable to 68V models from serial number 1124466 and up. I suspect your specific serial is lower. A lower serial number motor generally will not have the correct wire harness of the tilt tube to which the switch assembly attaches.

What manual are you looking at that provides a reference to part number 6R5-82570-05? Here is the USA this part number cross references to part number 704-82570-10-00 or -11-00.

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

704-82570-10-00 PANEL, MAIN SWITCH A

704-82570-11-00 PANEL, MAIN SWITCH A

Comment

Thanks for the response
      The RIIGING GUIDE IS 2012 90894-62982-71
      I believe the part you directed me too is already in place I understood this was not the adjustable trim set but did another function
      Am I confused, as I have been told there is a magnetic switch that is used?
      Thanks
      David

Comment

If you have the 2012 rigging guide then you know that the 704 part number is the equivalent of the 6R5 part number with the exception of one having a choke switch and the other does not. Here in the states the 6R5 switch is not offered. Only the 704 switch is offered here but it has been updated to the -10-00 or the -11-00 as noted.

With respect to the tilt limiter, does your motors wire harness have the connectors to which the device will connect? Does your tilt tube have a groove in the middle of it as later model motors will have?

A magnetic switch is involved but it is part of the kit.

Keep in mind that we here in the states have no idea what a foreign-to-us Yamaha model may contain. All that I can see from the Yamaha data that is available to us is that nothing related to the tilt limiter option is applicable to your model motor.

Comment

Early F115's do not have the correct tilt tube for the tilt limit device. Later versions do. In addition, a wire harness change was made to later models of the F115.

See illustrations below showing the two types of tilt tubes.

Comment

Boscoe99
            Thanks for your help, the more I learn the less I know.

When I look at my motor it has what looks like this part already fitted with the same bayonet connector. Maybe it was standard in Aus

As I bought the motor 2nd hand could this tilt limit switch be already present. I was told that I needed a separate limit switch and thought this was a standard part.
            As I am having a Yamaha tech do the install will delay purchase until I have him do the install and advise the remote control part I require along with the key switch. Will be in touch tomorrow

All this is a bit confusing as what is compatible with what motor and I am a novice with these.

Comment

What is it that you refer to when you use the term "bayonet connector"?

You are not confusing the trim sender cam with the tilt limit component are you? Both of these go around and are clamped to the tilt tube.

Does your tilt tube have a groove in the middle of it?

Does your engine wire harness have connectors available for attachment to the limit device?

Comment

Working...
              X