F70 randomly studders out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F70 randomly studders out?

I have a customer with a F70 with 4,000 hrs and motor runs great other then after running for five hours or so each day it will start to starve for fuel and quit only started about ten days ago,but will restart after messing with throttle and cranking for a half a minute or so. thought it could have been a electrically problem and first with harness connection since it was reuse from last Yamaha. connection were bad and green so we replaced whole harness and new key switch,due to what the customer wanted next day around same time as always the motor cuts off like its running out of fuel he says but primer bulb tight . he put new low pressure fuel pump on in December I went down and checked fuel and drained whole fuel system fuel is clean as hell and motor ran great for me! no alarms go off when this is happening! need help as this is one of the only new f70 in my area we've worked on

What is the ID of the motor?

Probably need to put a fuel pressure gauge on the motor and see what the fuel pressure is when the problem occurs.

4000 hours is a lot of time. Must be used commercially.

Comment

this issue is dirt simple.
      sorry the tech doesn't get to work on real motors.
      most likely, either the lift pump cannot supply then VST OR the vst pump has issues.

if your an actual Yamaha dealer PM me either your dealer number and I can walk you through some things that are not covered in the 5 day class.

I caint spell, ciant types, but I do have over 40 yrs of doing this stuff to feed my family.
      I have suggested to Yamaha about a master tech competition.
      I aint scared.same as militarary shoots. I aint I do scare some others.
      and soon I will bust them with some weapons made prior to 1900.

Comment

Working...
      X