Remote for Yamaha 9.9 (T9.9ELRZ) or similar model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote for Yamaha 9.9 (T9.9ELRZ) or similar model

I'm about to install a slightly used 2002 model T9.9ELRZ as an Aux./*****ing motor on my Dusky 256 FAC.

This outboard is a remote only model (no tiller) and has electric start. I need info on which remote (throttle/shift) control to use. I also need ignition/choke remote.

I'm wanting a small surface mount (binnacle) control since I'll have to make a way to install it on my helm. A small side mount could be used if necessary. I'm going to have to engineer a place to put the control box anyway.

The control for my 200HP Yamaha main motor is huge and I think it costs around $600. I'm hoping there is something smaller and cheaper I can use for the 9.9 kicker.

IF it has to be a Yamaha remote, which one and if it can be another model like the smaller "Quicksilver" type, any suggestions?
    If a non-Yamaha model can be used, are there adaptors available for different control cable sizes, ignition and neutral start?

I am also looking for the best way to steer this kicker from my main motor. The main is hydraulic. I've seen some type of device that connects the forward ends of the motors together and think this may work better than the EZ Steer type that connects one foot to the other on the aft side. (any suggestions, comments, experience).

Also, I'll need about 20' feet of control cable so the electrical wiring will be close to that, Is there a wiring harness extension for a setup like this?

That's a lot of questions but any help/suggestions on anything related to installing a kicker like this will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You very much,
    "Duck"

Yamaha only has the standard size binnacle control box, but I can give you the part numbers.
    704-48230-12-00 Binnacle, no PT&T switch
    6G8-82570-03-00 Switch panel
    688-82586-50-00 7P Harness/16ft
    688-82586-11-00 7P extension Harness, 7ft
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Does this enegine not need a choke switch?

Thanks
      "Duck"

Comment

No it is a Prime Start engine.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the help, I should be getting this motor sometime this week.

I believe the side mount will work better since there isn't a smaller binnacle mount model.

If I go with the side mount control -- I think the 703-48240-13-10 is the one that will combine the ignition into the control.

Question:
            Will the 703-48230-14-00 remote control work with the T9.9ELRZ (There are no differences listed between the 703-48230-14-00 and the 703-48240-13-10 other than the price). I may be able to actually get the 703-48230-14-00 at the best price if it will work.

Thanks,
            "Duck"

Comment

Working...
            X