Trim gauge on Yamaha 115, how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim gauge on Yamaha 115, how to?

Bought a G3 pontoon, hooking up trim gauge. It's a Faria, hooking it to a 2014 Yamaha model F115LA. Bought a G3 harness. Hooked the 4 wire plug to motor with all the pink wires, plugged other end to gauge. The end under the dash has a black wire, blue wire with plugs, yellow wire with both male and female plug, also has a blue with white stripe and green with red stripe? Any ideas? Thanks.

The four pin connector at the engine has just one pink wire connected to it. The others are pink/white and pink/black.

I am not familiar with the G3 harness. Whatever wire colour that is used in the harness to connect to the pink wire in the engine harness is the one for the trim gauge signal.

A trim gauge typically will have three wires. One for 12 volt power, one for ground and one for the trim signal. Whatever wire is used for the trim signal in the gauge is the wire that needs to be connected to the pink wire in the engine pan. The power and the ground will come from the key switch.

Finally, trim gauges need to be compatible with trim senders. Hopefully you got Faria trim gauge that is made for a Yamaha sender.

Had you purchased a Yamaha trim gauge it would have been plug and play. You might have to do some modifications.

Comment

faria.
      its actually how to spell JUNK in Italian.
      I know you don't wish to read this, however take it back have it rigged CORRECTLY, and simply go play.
      pay for what ya get, always.

Comment

The reason for the Faria gauge was to match the rest, so I guess they are all "junk".... from the plug on the engine, has one wire that went to the plug on the gauge, had two that just dead ends, with no connectors.

Comment

The other wires are for warning lights, for boats that have either warning standalone lights or instruments with integral warning lights.

If there are no warning lights then those wires will simply not be used.

Comment

whats funny is Yamaha owns G3 yet they still rig G3,and ranger boats, with junk.
            best power plant avalible with junk rigging.

Comment

Price point boat.

Price point rigging.

Comment

Don't really care if they're junk or not, just wanting some info!

Comment

For the record, I don't think they are junk.

Do they rise to the quality of a Yamaha gauge? Maybe not.

Different folks have different opinions.

When it comes to junk, Yamaha data comes to my mind. Others seem to think it is just fine. Again, different opinions.

Comment

Working...
                  X