1994 c115tlrs cdi problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 c115tlrs cdi problems

I have the c115tlrs I bought two years ago it's been running good until it left me stranded in the bay last summer when I got to shore I pulled plugs and seen that I had no spark on any of the plugs.iv figured it had to be something electrical so I started tapping around with the end of the screwdriver I hit the bracket that holds the cdi/rectifier and it fired right up. So I leave it running and start knocking on the bracket and it kills the engine or it will misfire but not quite die out. I took it to the shop charged me $162 for labor and 2 rubber grommets that hold the cdi/rectifier bracket on the engine it was supposed to fix the problem so a week after I get it out the shop I'm at the dock at 5 and I can't get the boat to run so I knock on the bracket and she fire's right up and runs fine for the rest of the day. When u kill it by knocking on the bracket it won't fire back up all the time sometimes u Haft to knock on the bracket a few times and then she will fire back up. I know it's either cdi or rectifier just not sure if the rectifier would cause this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

rectifier is out.
    cdi or a connection would be my guess.

Comment

Working...
    X