No announcement yet.

yamaha diagnostic codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a page from the same electrical system book I have on my desk as well.

Comment

Hard to read with lettering so small

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        Hard to read with lettering so small

Double click on the pic, it'll bring you to Photobucket. Double click again and its full size.. Flip forward and back for other pages as well..

Your welcome
        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-16-2014, 07:06 AM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I just found the plug for the trim sensor corroded when i went to change the trim sensor. I sprayed contact cleaner but it still was giving error code #34. So i swapped out the sensor and it still gave error 34!!! I checked with the manual and ohmed out the switch and it was within spec and changed when i raised the engine. I then swapped out the spare cdi with the spare motor and it STILL gave error #34. I am determined but am running out of ideas except maybe change out the wiring harness to the cdi? Any help from any of you experts maybe rodbolt?

Comment

Did you measure the voltage on the orange wire terminal? If so, what value was seen?

Comment

i measure orange to black and it was 877 ohms

Comment

did you see he asked for voltage reading going to the unit and not the ohms reading

Comment

the orange wire is the 5V reference,black is ground and pink is voltage feed back.

Comment

Sorry i was VERY tired when i last posted. But i just checked and it's got 9.3 volts on the orange and 2.0 volts in down position on the pink. By the way i checked it with it not running but the battery voltage was 12.7 coming to motor. Too early in morning to wake up neighbors.
                    Last edited by robalo250; 06-17-2014, 08:22 AM.

Comment

9 volts on the 5 v reference does not sound right at all

Comment

I know it doesn't that's what confused me but i am using a fluke meter and i even confirmed it with another meter? Maybe i need to check on cdi side of harness. It does not make any sense i looked in schematics and that wire goes right to cdi. I checked again to confirm but got same results orange wire had 9 volts?
                        Last edited by robalo250; 06-17-2014, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Just checked at cdi side of harness and 9 volt. Unplugged trim sensor and 9 volt. Installed spare cdi and ..... 9 volt? Maybe i have a electrical component somewhere else causing cdi to go nuts??? I checked and the orange for the throttle sensor on the other plug had 5 volts.
                          Last edited by robalo250; 06-17-2014, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Not sure if ecu has more than on reference voltage output,
                            But either the output is screwed up or you have something bleeding other voltages into it.
                            My guess is bad Ecu at this point, but I am not someone that knows much about your motor.

Hope Rod comes back in with the expert info

Comment

Disconnect the trim/oil harness connectors in the engine pan and then retest the orange wire.

Comment

Had the boat back out with a large array of parts and tools. Well first found that under power motor was advancing very little then would act like timing went back. But that led me to checking trouble code and had #34. After some investigation changed the plug on the harness side to trim sensor and lowered the engine and code #1. Still had 9 volts but it works now.

Then all excited and hit the throttle and boat jumped to plane and engine came up to 5200 rpm. Then rpm's fluctuated from 4800 to 5200. The longer i ran it the slower it got until it would not go over 3500 rpm!!!
                                I swapped out the cdi checked the plugs and 3 of the plugs looked good and the other 3 did not look like they were firing. I swapped coils everything i could think of but nothing helped. Checked and i had spark on all the cylinders. Started running worse so limped back to the ramp and got ready to burn the boat. When i got the boat home i did a compression check and all cylinders were 103 to 110 psi. Then noticed that gas was spraying out when i cranked the motor with no plugs.
                                Went back into the carbs for the third time and this time noticed when i removed the fuel line there was what looked like a snake skin inside the hose? Then noticed the inner linings of the hoses between the fuel pumps and the carbs were coming apart. You could not see it until you bent the hose and would act like a flap and restrict flow. Hoses just had a brown tinge on the inside. I wonder if that was from ethanol?

I grabbed one of the flaps and yanked and it looked like a snake shedded inside my fuel line. I looked up but yamaha does not sell all the fuel lines so i am probably just going to buy 5/16 marine fuel line. I am pretty sure that is why the motor would not stall because low flow would let enough fuel to idle or putt around. Maybe what i went through will help someone else and THANK YOU to everyone that helped me.

Comment

Working...
                                X