command link gauge kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• command link gauge kit

Ok guys here's one. I bought a command link gauge kit, part#6y8-oe83r-61. Supposedly it should be plug n play into my 2013 F90LA. Not so much, nothing in the box connects to my 4 pin factory harness. Apparently in 2013 Yamaha changed the harness, but neglected to update the parts lists for materials needed to install said part. I ordered the gauge kit better than 6 weeks ago, so far my local dealer, and his contact at Yamaha have not been able to locate a part number to connect this gauge to my outboard. The reason I bought the 'kit' was because the Yamaha rep matched it to my vin and it was supposed to contain everything I needed to complete the install. Why change the harness?? So they can knick you another $45 for a pigtail made of $.20 worth of plastic and copper, making it a kit + 1. If anyone is familiar with the part I'm talking about just holler. The gauge has the same square 4 pin connection as the bus bar and my factory harness is roughly the same size, only slightly rectangular.

First, you need to get the kit number correct. The number you provided is not valid.

Secondly, is this a round single tachometer kit? If so, the part number should be 6Y8-WE83R-60-00.

2013-MRP-Catalog

Perhaps the -60-00 has been replaced by the -61-00. Which kit number do you have?

Do you not have a 9 foot pigtail bus harness in the kit? That harness will connect to the motor at one end and to a device port on the command link hub.

All kits needed additional wire harnesses. Why? Because Yamaha has no idea what length is needed.

Comment

The part number is correct, 61-00. I was not aware of some of the features the command link gauges had when the motor was installed so I went with analog. The pigtail is in place, but as I said, it is rectangular not square like all the hubs on the bus bar. In fact there is NO 4 pin connection anywhere on the motor that would accept the square connector. So no matter how you slice it at some point in time there has to be an adapter from the square to the rectangle. I could just start cutting and soldering, but I'm not really that kind of guy, besides, if I do I guarantee that somewhere down the line it would screw me. Thanks for the reply. I know I'm not the first person to try to install a digital tach on a 2013 90, so the answer has to be out there somewhere.

Comment

the WE83R Boscoe wrote is different than the oe83r you posted,

just saying some thing or some one is wrong about something

Just looked at the catalog in link and seems Boscoe has the correct one for the kits
        Last edited by 99yam40; 06-08-2014, 09:05 AM.

Comment

The only information I have pertains to a -60-00 kit. So, I don't know what the differences are between the -60 and the -61.

Here is a diagram that shows the -60 components and how they would be connected. Stuff with a part number in red are in the -60 kit. The main bus harness is not in the kit. You will have to decide what length harness to buy. It has a six pin connector at each end. It will plug into a bus port on the hub and into the six pin port on the inline resistor.

Comment

Working...
          X