Yamaha 70ETLK Oil Pump Replacment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 70ETLK Oil Pump Replacment

The original 1985 oil pump needed to be replaced and I ordered a replacement from boats.net. The replacement pump is not an exact replacement and is arranged differently. There appears to be additional parts that will adapt the replacement pump to motor fittings. A bunch of other nuts and bolts and parts that I assume also is for adapting, but I have no idea what they are for. Additional parts that look like in-line filters (three) that I dont know what they do or where they go. The old oil lines a too short. The placement of the hose ports are different and I dont know which of the three hoses goes to which port.

There are no instructions. Does anyone know of instructions anywhere that would explain how this all fits together. Thanks.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Yamaha.

Pretty amazing isn't it? To issue a modification kit with absolutely no instructions.

Hopefully Rodbolt will come along shortly with some advice.

Comment

on the rare occasions I have to replace a kien pump with the new mikuni style I have to go research the tech bullitens.
      the changeover occurred sometime about 92 or 93.
      there is a tech bulliten on them.
      luckily here in the salt pond most all the antiques have disappeared.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have never had to replace the 1/4-inch oil hoses. It looks like a replacement part. Can you buy this stuff by the foot somewhere? Thanks.

Comment

you can buy the oil line when your at the dealership getting them to research antique tech bullitens.
          there are some special instructions and a particular order the lines attach.
          the kien pump had the oil line check valves built into the pump.
          the mikuni uses inline check valves.

Comment

Working...
          X