1988 90 HP Yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 90 HP Yamaha

I had my Yamaha rebuilt last year over the winter. I had a great year of trouble free use. A new water pump was also installed. The issue I am having is the motor starts and runs fine but I had much lower water pump pressure. It usually pumps hard after 5-10 seconds but not this year, motor was winterized properly. I also have which I think is two stroke oil lightly coming out dripping down from the midsection of the motor. I think this is where the internal muffler is ?I also thought I may not have the ears on correctly so I found a large garbage can to run it on an angle but still had the same results. Like I said I had the power head rebuilt by a very reputable shop and they also changed out the shift rod and a new water pump carbs were rebuilt. The old power head had lower even compression so I just wanted to freshen up the motor. I am still adding some two stroke oil to the fuel tank in addition to the injection system The mechanic wanted me to run it at 100 to 1 in the tank for break in .. Is it possible something is going on with the oil or is it just oil not burnt from the engine and the water pump is going prematurely. Sorry for the long post thanks for your input.

could be a blockage in the hose.
    could be someone started it with insufficient water, takes 30 seconds or so to smoke a pump with a dry run.
    could be the pressure control valve is stuck.

carbed two strokes are dirty.
    its why you cant buy a new one in the US anymore.

Comment

Working...
    X