2004 150hp txrc part question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 150hp txrc part question

I can't seem to identify the part number I need to replace by looking online in the schematics for my Yamaha 150 2stroke model 150txrc.
    In the pictures attached it is the white connector link that I zippy tied together to get back to the boat dock, it cracked in half. Anyone know the name and part number of this white link connector? It is part of the throttle linkage it is on the port side of the engine, just beneath the fuel filter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Files

its called a link.
    its about 12 bucks
    its located in the oil tank section of the parts diagram.

follow the instructions CAREFULLY when you replace it.

no posting about blown powerheads.

Comment

See item 24 in the illustration linked below

2004 150TXRC Yamaha Outboard OIL PUMP Diagram and Parts

Comment

Thank you both very much,
        I was looking in the control and fuel diagrams because I didn't realize that particular linkage is involved in mixing the oil in the fuel.
        Makes perfect sense now, thanks again.
        Blue skies,
        Tim

Comment

Just found this link broken in the same manner on my 150 TXRA. Are these and other linkage adjustments prone to breakage? I'm rebuilding the carbs and will replace others if they are common failure modes.

Comment

It's plastic. Plastic gets brittle with age and temperature and is more prone to breakage. OP's motor is ten years old. A TXRA model is older still.

Comment

I dumped a gallon of oil in the lake B4 I found the problem because the pump goes into full oil injection if the rod pulls loose. I carry a spare for the oil pump connection and the carb connection.

Comment

whaddya mean it wont last forever????

anyway that link will give hours and years notice BEFORE it fails.
                simply use your peepers and inspect it occasionally.
                hours/years before it fails you will notice a dark line parralell with the threaded rod.

fuel pumps,water pumps and plastic clips should last at least 3000 years.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                  whaddya mean it wont last forever????

anyway that link will give hours and years notice BEFORE it fails.
                  simply use your peepers and inspect it occasionally.
                  hours/years before it fails you will notice a dark line parralell with the threaded rod.

fuel pumps,water pumps and plastic clips should last at least 3000 years.
                  With the new Etec, BRP obviously does not care if anyone removes the cowling in five years.

I don't understand "maintenance" as being a four letter word. I have always found, due to the luck of the draw I guess, that the more maintenance I did the better the product just happened to be.

If I feed my cow clean fresh grass she gives good milk. If she eats stale, moldy, old grass, she will get sick and not provide much milk. The problem must be the cow!

Comment

bad cow, is it under warrenty ?
                    at least the mikuni pumps go into full oil.
                    the old kien pumps went to minimum oil.

Comment

Sue the cow for poor performance...

Comment

Working...
                      X