Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F90 BCF Carbs - Internal fuel filter (Red) ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F90 BCF Carbs - Internal fuel filter (Red) ???

I just received my carb repair kits for the BCF carbs on my 2003 F90. They have a little red filter in them about 1/2" long by 1/8" diameter. Does anyone know where it's supposed to be installed?

I can not tell from the parts illustration where it could possibly go. I did not remove one when I cleaned them.

It's item 17 in the carburetor 1 parts diagram. It looks like it's supposed to go in the top section but there isn't any place for it to fit.

The only place I can find that it may go is inside the carb throat, in the hole to/from the primer starter on carbs 1 and 3.
    Bob
    2003 Crest Super Fisher 25' Pontoon with Yamaha F90

If it's like my F80 they go in the fuel lines right where they connect to the carbs.

Comment

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks.
      Bob

Comment

don't bother with them.
        they don't actually do anything and if the clog you still have to remove the carbs to access them.
        was a rather stupid idea.

Comment

So Rodbolt your saying take them out and leave them out?

They didn't want to come out very easily so I didn't force them and tear them up because they were like 15 buck a pc so I just flushed and cleaned good and haven't had any issues.

That's the same think I did with my carbs just took them apart and cleaned them good.
          BTW this motor had set up for 2 yrs and it wasn't very pretty in there .

Comment

Thanks rodbolt.

I'm still waiting on 1 more repair kit and jet caps to finish the carbs, so I went ahead and removed them.

I was wondering if they could clog easily or cause fuel flow issues, since they're so small and there's very little clearance around the sides of them. I would have suspected a good 10 micron fuel filter/water separator and the internal fuel filter should have screened out anything that could get into the carbs.
            Bob

Comment

usually the filters stick in the fuel lines when they are removed from the carb inlets.
              no I don't put them back in.
              was a dumb idea.
              why use a filter that requires carb removal for service?

Comment

So they're suppose to go in the nipple on the carb and they get stuck in the fuel line when it's removed.
                I guess if and when I have to pull my carbs I'll just snatch out.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
                X