No announcement yet.

High-pressure fuel pump has 38 psi then drops to zero and picks right back up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High-pressure fuel pump has 38 psi then drops to zero and picks right back up

I have a 2003 Yamaha 200 HP saltwater series yeah fine I put a post yesterday about a fuel problem but have yet to get any real responses I hooked the high-pressure fuel gauge up to the VST pump went out running and whenever the bow slams forward off of a wave the pressure drops to zero then picks right back up The motor has to heat up a little bit before it will do it I ran 10 miles of jumping boats wakes until I finally was able to get it to do it I drain the VST pump after that happening and it had a sufficient amount of gas in it so that tells me that either the VST pump is going bad it's heating up and then cutting out or I have a grounding problem what do you guys think any advice would be greatly appreciated I would like to try to be for certain before I go and drop $500 on a new high pressure fuel pump tomorrow I was talking to a mechanic and he said I can do it again this time hooking a voltameter up to the high-pressure fuel pump and when the pressure drops to zero if the volt drop to zero then I know it's a grounding problem just like to get some input on this situation before I do that tomorrow

your mechanic is wrong.
    obviously someone doesn't understand voltage and how to use the meter.

two things can cause that pressure drop.
    the pump quit,connections and such.
    or the VST is simply out of fuel, lift pumps and such.

the 12V+ is supplied via the main relay.
    the GROUND path is supplied via the ECU.
    MUST have both to operate the pump.

Comment

Working...
    X