2004 150 not peeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
    This is interesting as I was under the impression they could not self correct if installed wrong, but I have never tried it to see.
    I thought the impeller would be damaged if installed wrong.

What say yea Rodbolt or anyone else that has seen it happen

It is addressed in the F150 shop manual to turn the driveshaft clockwise while installing the housing over the impeller.

Of course the impeller is rubber, and being NEW, very flexible. It's not going to lock up the motor.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Peeing 150 Repair

Wanted to thank everyone for all the help, lots of good information, but the issue unfortunately was mechanic oversite.

Tried running the motor in a tub with the engine flush connected no change still no tale tale.

Removed the lower unit again to inspect and found the impeller housing was not locked into the W/P housing and was spinning free.

Replaced W/P assembly re-installed lower unit. Ran unit in tub and through flush connector and final got a tale tale. turned off flush and with motor still in tank had good tale tale stream.

Again thanks everyonr for all the help.

Comment

Originally posted by EFteach1 View Post
        Wanted to thank everyone for all the help, lots of good information, but the issue unfortunately was mechanic oversite.

Tried running the motor in a tub with the engine flush connected no change still no tale tale.

Removed the lower unit again to inspect and found the impeller housing was not locked into the W/P housing and was spinning free.

Replaced W/P assembly re-installed lower unit. Ran unit in tub and through flush connector and final got a tale tale. turned off flush and with motor still in tank had good tale tale stream.

Again thanks everyonr for all the help.
        Thanks for the update and glad its fixed!!!
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
          Of course the impeller is rubber, and being NEW, very flexible. It's not going to lock up the motor.
          Never crossed my mind that it would even come close to locking up the motor, just tear up the fins on the rubber impeller as they do not have enough room to turn the other way around inside the cup

Comment

I call BS.

Comment

What I would like to know is if the impeller will be damaged is BS or that it will change directions without out a problem is what you say is BS.

Inquiring minds are a dangerous thing sometimes

Comment

unlike some jabsco or Johnson pumps.
                IF you manage to reverse the impeller fins it wont correct itself and wont work properly.

can it lock the motor up? nope BS

Comment

thank you , Rodbolt for the clarification.

Dam, I could not even post without spell check

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                    I know what the manual says.
                    and the manual has waffled over the years.
                    MOST F150 motors will overheat on the muffs and burn the pump housing.
                    dunno why its just been an observation since about 2004.
                    my personal F150 wont run on the muffs.
                    when I use the flush port I wait until water is draining out of the pump intake screen before starting it.
                    drive shaft seal replacement is rather normal.

Just got a new combo video camera, as an FYI;

F150 Muff Flushing Video by SRT-60 | Photobucket
                    Scott

Comment

Working...
                    X