Fuel pump resistor check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump resistor check?

I'm trying to troubleshoot my 2000 ox66 250 fuel injection system.i have fuel all the way up to and in the vst. It seems like I'm not getting power to the electric pump, but while following the aftermarket service book, it said to check the resistor for the fuel pump if problems are suspected. It should read in the neighborhood of .54 to ,57 ohms. If not it should be replaced. Here's my question, when I put an ohmmeter to the resistor I get a 0.0 reading. I've tried several different testers, the digital unit only had a low range of 200, so I found a small dial unit that had a 10 scale. It also reads 0.0, as if I was just crossing the leads. I tried another used resistor from another source, same thing, but I don't know if it's also bad or I'm doing something wrong? Thanks for any input,I'm open to suggestion.

methinks you have several issues running.
    foremost is you don't really have a clue how to use that meter.
    second is above about 1200 RPM the resistor is not in the circuit.

all that resistor does is drop pump operating voltage to about 9V to keep the pump from running in a stalled condition BELOW about 1200 RPM.

if your reading 0 ohms that would mean the resistor is shorted, HIGHLY UNLIKLY.

resistors rarely short.
    however if your reading an OPEN circuit it could mean either the resistor is open or your on the wrong pins.

whats the motor doing ?

Comment

The motor cranks over sputters and stalls. The reason I asked about the resistor is that it just didn't seem right not to get any sign of resistance. I've removed the part from the motor and put the probe leads directly on the only two connections? But at key on, for like three seconds or so isn't the resistor bypassed anyway? What else should I check?

Comment

at key on the resistor is bypassed, above about 1200 RPM the resistor is bypassed.
        monitor your rail pressure.
        yea it sucks ya gotta buy another tool.
        I gotta bunch of stuff like that down stairs that I had to buy.

Comment

Checked schraeder valve, just a trickle.

Comment

Working...
          X