Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tach wiring to 703

Help Please,
    I just received my new tach 2-indicator yesterday from boats.net to hook up to my 2000 F40TLRY. The marine place i got the motor from bought new controls for the motor. The control box is 703-28199-33. My tach is 6y7-83540-60-00.
    Now i understand the general tach hook-up to the control box, but the warning lights are a little confusing. No instructions with the tach and the manual for the control box is usless when it comes to telling me what the wires coming out of the box are for. The wires in question are the paired red, blue and green. How do i get my warning lights hooked up.
    Thanks all

You will need the wire harness 68F-82553-70-00 that goes between engine and tach and if you have it the harness 6Y5-83553-N0-00 that goes between tach and control box.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

i know what wires i need to hook-up the tach. But what are the paired wires for?

Comment

The square 4 pin connector on tach connects to oil level sensor and temp sensor on engine to make the oil indicators and overheat on tach work.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

found out that the paired wires are for an extra tilt/trim switch. is the harness 68F-82553-70-00 the one i need to get the idiot oil and tem lights to work? Does it connect to a harness under the cowel?
          Thanks, much appreciated.

Comment

Yes the 68F-82553-70-00 is the trim/oil harness that connects to engine and to tach
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X