Oil Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Transfer

I have a 2004 150 TXRC 2 stroke. I have replaced the pump & strainer on the remote tank. When I hit the the toggle switch I hear the pump working. But no oil transfer from remote to engine tank. Any ideas of what is going on.

Kinked or pinched hose perhaps?

Another fellow recently bought a pump and the wires were reversed. He had to install the brown to the blue wire and the blue to the brown wire to get oil to move from the remote tank to the engine tank.

Comment

Oil Transfer

All hoses are clear

Comment

Did you try cleaning out engine mounted tank and reserve tank?theres a clog somewhere.did you install the filter in correct direction?also sometimes the strainer on engine mounting tank gets clogged.
        Last edited by Yamaha3535; 05-30-2014, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Oil Transfer

Strainer is installed correctly. Going empty tanks tonite. On my digital gage, it shows oil is empty. Even though both tanks are full. There is no alarms going off. Would my trim gage have anything to do with it? I'm at my wits end. Could it be in the control unit? Is there a way to test the control unit? Replacing the control unit would be expensive. The oil transfer system appears to be simple, but yet I have no solutions.

Comment

If the pump is working correctly, yet oil is not getting to the engine tank, what else could it be but a clog?

Remove the oil line from the pump outlet. Press the toggle switch. Does oil flow out of the pump or not?

Now you bring up a gauge issue. Which tank is being shown as empty on the gauge? The engine tank or the remote tank.

You can test the system as a whole by removing the plastic sump on the engine tank and drain the tank. Reattach and secure the sump. Make sure there is oil in the remote tank. Turn the key to the ON position. The pump should come on. Oil should flow from the remote tank to the main tank if the pump is operating and the hoses are free and clear. The horn should be sounding. The low oil alert (left hand bar or light) on the tachometer should be flashing.

Comment

I agree it appears to be a clog. I checked all the lines on the remote tank. They are clear and kink free.

I removed the line from the outflow side of the pump. Hit the toggle switch. No oil comes out. That is what I don't understand. No clogs no kinks pump is working and no oil.

The engine tank show empty on the gage but it is full or it was full until I emptied some out to test the pump. It is still above the bottom line. So no alarm sounds.

I hear and understand completely what u r saying. I don't get it either.

Comment

Does the system have to be primed. If so how would one do that?

Comment

Did you reverse the leads to the pump and then run it to see what happens?

Comment

Doing tonite as well

Comment

I would recommend to keep running remote oil pump directly from battery and keep it running until oil starts flowing. I think it is pump priming problem. I emptied engine oil tank twice before computer starts to react as it should. Disconnecting battery also helped to reset computer.

Comment

there is no computer reset.

its a dirt simple system that can trouble shoot itself.

which indicate are you getting on the tach? center bar or far left bar ?

Comment

Working...
                        X