ox 66 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ox 66 question

Hello, I need advice on what to do. Motors are 98 225 ox66 on a GW 272, while running offshore at cruise around 3900 rpm both engines running perfect, at any given time the stbd motor falls off almost down to idle for a few seconds then picks back up to speed, never shuts off, no warning buzzers or lights. Seems to be associated to wave impacts. All lp pumps have been replaced about 25hrs ago. 02 sensors cleaned about the same time. Only run good gas with ring free and Yamaha oil. Maybe vst filters need to be cleaned/replaced? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Capt Hook - Also forgot to mention sometimes at cold start up stbd does not idle fast like port motor , not sure if that's related to above problem , maybe another clue to the mystery, thanks again
    Last edited by skeleton crew; 05-31-2014, 06:52 AM.

Hey , talked to a friend who is a marine mechanic , he suggested to check negative batt cable at both ends and all engine grounds as he had seen that happen before. Boat is two hrs away and just trying to get all the info I can before I make the trip , does anyone think that could be a possibility? Thoughts / suggestions , what can I check while I am there ? Thanks C. Hook

Comment

clean tight cables and connections are a good thing.
      so is periodic VST filter and injector filter maint.

Comment

Working...
      X