Single Gauge Digital Multi-Function Speedometer working partially

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Gauge Digital Multi-Function Speedometer working partially

Hi, I've bought a Hydra-Sports 212CC with a Yamaha F150TXR 4-stroke.
    The boat came with a Yamaha Digital Multi-Function Speedometer and tachometer.

Single Gauge - 6Y5-83570-S5-00
    The speed function is not working but other functions are, just wondering if might be the sensor and where can I buy a replacement one ?

Any idea or advices ?

Thanks,

Roger

There is no sensor.

There is a Pitot tube located on the leading edge of the lower unit. Maybe three or four inches above the nose of the gear case. If you hit something in the water it can jam up the tube and prevent pressure from getting to the speedometer.

Take a 3/32" drill bit in your hand and use it to auger out any crap there may be in the hole. You can then go to the engine pan and find a hose barb connector for the hose that comes up from the Pitot tube. Remove the hose and blow backwards down the tube to clear out any remaining debris.

Comment

Hi,

I don't see a pitot tube, but it does have paddlewheel on the back and the wheel is running free.

Thanks

Roger

Comment

Put your thumb nail on the very forward edge of the lower unit right at the nose of the gear case. Start moving up and your nail will snag on the pitot tube. From the side it looks like a scalloped area.

Comment

Ok, I will check and update this forum later on.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rdefrei1 View Post
            Ok, I will check and update this forum later on.

Thanks.
            The paddle wheel is likely connected to your depth finder.

As noted above, the pitot hole IS EXTREMLY SMALL and easily missed.

Just beyond, maybe 18" in front of the engine, will be a HOSE CONNECTOR which connects the LU pitot tube to the gauge with a black rubberish/plastic HOSE.

Separate that and you can blow water or air DOWN into the hose(towards the engine), again, after you used a very smalldrill bit BY HAND. It is very easy to bust the bit off in there so use caution..

Once fixed and its open, this link shows how I set up to clean that pitot tube (salt water use) to keep it from clogging again:

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...g-th23159.html
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
            X