Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yamaha 70 beto and multifunction tachometer wiring. photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 70 beto and multifunction tachometer wiring. photos.

Old 1988 beto and digital tachometer wiring problem. can anyone help?

Old cable trim angle meter:
    grey
    orange
    black
    pink

oil meter:
    black
    yellow
    pink

and
    green
    green red

yamaha digital tachometer.

green, rpm signal
    yellow, power +
    black, ground
    blue, backlight?

orange
    black white
    green white
    pink

white red
    blue white
    grey
    green red

how i connect?

photos:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...psyoymcu41.jpg

Please explain more about what it is that you want to do.

Does the tachometer (with the cut wires) not have a trim bar scale on the front of it? And, does it not have lights or LCD bars to provide status of the oil system?

The tachometer appears to be a later updated version, as evidence by the square nylon connector. The other two are older stuff based on their having round nylon connectors.

Comment

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...psqtlqvcln.jpg

i want replace older meter that new. older are that yamaha motor original meter, cable is color to color.

Comment

Let's start with the easy stuff first.

The tachometer has four single wires coming from it, each with a bullet connector on the end. Yellow is for key on power, black is for ground, blue is for the internal light and green is for the tachometer signal. These four wires typically attach to a small harness that runs from the 703 control box. See illustration below.

More to follow

Comment

thats is easy. but then start the problem. Only few wire, that could not go wrong....

Comment

You are gonna need a trim/oil harness that runs from the motor to the tachometer and you will need to adapter harnesses to connect harnesses on the motor to the trim/oil harness.

Here is a diagram that shows what I am referring to. The parts needed are shown in the links below.

Double check your motor and make sure that it is configured as shown in the illustration. More to follow on wire colours.

2013-MRP-Catalog

2013-MRP-Catalog

Comment

Working...
            X