Idiling issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiling issues

I have a 2003 yamaha txrb130. I have been having some idiling issues. When I put the engine to neutral it stalls out after 20-30 seconds sometimes shorter. Is there anything I can try to get this engine running like it should. When its in gear I don't have this problem smh. It's quite annoying because when I goto park the boat in my slip it stalls out. I removed the carbs in the beginning of the year to replace a gasket and cleaned them. When I screwed the pilot screw clockwise to count the turns one or two were out of wack so I guessed which ones were out of spec. Would you know how many turns they should be? Could this be the problem? Any help would be great.thanks
    Last edited by Yamaha3535; 05-28-2014, 11:18 PM.

Deleted post
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-29-2014, 06:31 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by Yamaha3535 View Post
      I have a 2003 yamaha 130. I have been having some idiling issues. When I put the engine to neutral it stalls out after 20-30 seconds sometimes shorter. Is there anything I can try to get this engine running like it should. When its in gear I don't have this problem smh. It's quite annoying because when I goto park the boat in my slip it stalls out. I removed the carbs in the beginning of the year to replace a gasket and cleaned them. When I screwed the pilot screw clockwise to count the turns one or two were out of wack so I guessed which ones were out of spec. Would you know how many turns they should be? Could this be the problem? Any help would be great.thanks

Your full model # will probably get you better info

Comment

It's a 2003 yamaha txrb 130

Comment

some motors have different setting on different carbs did you write down what each was set at when taking apart? If so what were they?

Maybe some one with the service manual for your motor will be kind enough to post, so sit back and wait or find the service manual

Comment

I have the manual but it just says to note the times it takes to turn when seated. If anyone could help me with would be awesome. Two were 1 7/8" the other was 1 1/4. There was quite a difference.
            Last edited by Yamaha3535; 05-29-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I think your engine is the 130BETO, according to my manual, the TXRB being the Canada/USA model, as opposed to my European model.

I've attached a screenshot from the manual for the settings. Not sure if you have the serial number to double check. Your year should be in the range of 1000001 onward.

Regards
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the help JOHN. My manual is the same as that but doesn't have the carbs turn out. Very strange. Thank you for helping me out. How did you get a screenshot of your manual like that? My manual is part # 6E5-28197-1F-11
                Last edited by Yamaha3535; 05-29-2014, 05:42 PM.

Comment

No problem, glad to be of assistance. I'd still like the serial number though to double check .

My manual number is 6E5-28197-Z9-L1. Fairly similar, but...

My manual opens up in a PDF viewer. I highlighted the area in question and copied it and saved as a JPG file. It was then just a case of choosing an attachment from the paperclip on the reply option, and uploading it. Most of the forum experts here do it much more often and much better than me though!

Good luck, hope everything works well.

Regards

John

Comment

6l1x1000601. I may have the wrong manual. I have to look and see where I can get the right one.

Comment

Working...
                    X