Yamaha 75 - wont come down fully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
    trust me that setup has two washers<G, in the diagram.
    now is when I say insert the knife between the second and third rib.
    why you guys think I left my cats to come all the way to kenneasaw for about the 18yh year?
    training.
    heck parks Chastain retired this year and I was in his first instructor lead class many moons ago.
    man all the instructors either have never worked in field or are so old they are gonna retire.
    a few of the instructors I have known almost 20 years, the instructor for this class is an MMI grad with 5 yrs experience in the FIELD.
    he is teaching me.
    he has never seen a red mercury,a white mercury an inline 6 dockbuster.
    never seen a hydroelectric shift jonnyrude nor an amplifier pack ign.
    never seen a magneto ign system.
    never seen a mechanical hydro shift system.
    man I am old.

Rod needs a dog. You think those cats give a crap you are gone? Nah. I have both. Hell I have a horse too. Nothing compares to a good dog.
    Last edited by pstephens46; 01-08-2019, 05:42 PM.

Comment

A/C, and a lot of big heavy cables.

Comment

Rod, I was in that same class with P,C. advanced 4stroke.
        That was the one i missed by one answer.
        Last edited by walleye1; 01-08-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

parks first instructor lead course was drive train. that is the class that I glanced over about the time another lab was placing an air nozzle in the tilt cyl up hydraulic port to use air to remove the memory piston. yep it removed allright. I had just enough time to grab my lab partner by the neck and duck.
          the hydraulic stains are still in the ceiling to this day. man that memory piston bounced about the overhead a long time.

Comment

I took drive train in wisconsin, The 4 stroke class was PC's first class.

Comment

when parks did his first class 4 stroke systems did not exist.
              his first gig was at Kennesaw.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                trust me that setup has two washers<G, in the diagram.
                now is when I say insert the knife between the second and third rib.
                why you guys think I left my cats to come all the way to kenneasaw for about the 18yh year?
                training.
                heck parks Chastain retired this year and I was in his first instructor lead class many moons ago.
                man all the instructors either have never worked in field or are so old they are gonna retire.
                a few of the instructors I have known almost 20 years, the instructor for this class is an MMI grad with 5 yrs experience in the FIELD.
                he is teaching me.
                he has never seen a red mercury,a white mercury an inline 6 dockbuster.
                never seen a hydroelectric shift jonnyrude nor an amplifier pack ign.
                never seen a magneto ign system.
                never seen a mechanical hydro shift system.
                man I am old.
                Thanks Rodobolt17

Off course I trust in you !

Next weekend I will disassemble and inspect again. Just more one question,

Mr Holmer 78said:

"" trimmed it up with motor and let it all the way down with release screw several times, checking fluid level in reservoir regularly. That’s how you bleed out the air from the system."

How can I do it fully down if the motor wont came down fully ? I'm going to lower it until it stops, then he willleak and waste a lot of hydraulic by the screw it's normal right ?

Kind regards

Comment

the manual release screw does not let fluid out, it is just an internal bypass als long as you do not remove that screw completely .
                  not sure where you think it will leak from.

as far as the 2 washers go,
                  it looks like you only have one small washer on the outside of the big washer and not one on the inside. Even the color of the big washer on the inside shows it was up against the piston.
                  If there was a small washer there for a shim to back off on the spring tension originally, it has been missing for some time from what I see.

but then that still does not help with where that 6th ball came out of and where did you put it into?
                  Last edited by 99yam40; 01-09-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                    the manual release screw does not let fluid out, it is just an internal bypass als long as you do not remove that screw completely .
                    not sure where you think it will leak from.

as far as the 2 washers go,
                    it looks like you only have one small washer on the outside of the big washer and not one on the inside. Even the color of the big washer on the inside shows it was up against the piston.
                    If there was a small washer there for a shim to back off on the spring tension originally, it has been missing for some time from what I see.

but then that still does not help with where that 6th ball came out of and where did you put it into?

I Mr 99yam,

what a mistake I made, !!! the valve that you talk is situated on the right bracket ? 6H1-43845-01-00

With the outboard completely up, if I turning it to the right, the outboard comes goes down, right? I thought it was the plug reservoir.......

So like Mr Holmer said, and you, I should ""trimmed it up with motor and let it all the way down with release screw several times""

Just follows the staps:

1º rotate the screw to the right until the motor goes down than

2º trimmed it up with motor

3º repeat steps 1 and 2 several times

i didn't install the six ball, I dont know where she bellongs

Kind regards

Comment

it was my thought that opening the manual release screw,
                      lowering and then and raising the motor by hand would be better than using the motor because the electric motor/pump could suck air causing foam while trying to work out the air.

I am not an expert on this so maybe another more qualified person will comment on that.

I would think lowering the motor and then raising it ,
                      and then checking fluid level, topping off as needed, while raised.
                      and then repeating until no more fluid is needed

could you tell me where you put that 6th ball?
                      Last edited by 99yam40; 01-09-2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I sorry late reply, my PC died and I lost all accounts and accesses, I put the engine on the Yamaha dealer a year ago and they can't solve the problem. I was there today and they don't know where to put the sixth ball, big mystery.. They are waitting to receive a Dame power Trim modelo to análise....

Comment

Working...
                        X