What gauge and/or wiring kit to use? For 115HP 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gauge and/or wiring kit to use? For 115HP 4 stroke

I am new to this form, so this is my first posting.
    I had a 1986 ProV 150 on my boat with the 4 inch tach gauge with oil level and other sensors on it. I replaced the ProV 150 with a 2012 115HP 4 stroke motor. The wiring harness and controls worked from the ProV and it runs and shifts fine. I want the replace the old tach gauge with a new digital one. But I need to know what gauge to get (part number) and do I need any special wiring for it?

Get a single tachometer kit. Cheaper than buying just a tachometer. It will come with new wiring that will be run from the motor to the gauge and from the key switch to the gauge.

2013-MRP-Catalog

2013-MRP-Catalog

Comment

SO?? Do I need ???

Thanks for the info. But do I need all the wiring harnesses if I already have some from my old tach ?

Comment

No.

But if your trim/oil wire harness from the motor has round connectors on it you will need some expensive adapter harnesses.

Then you will need a standalone tachometer.

The standalone tachometer alone will cost you more than the kit with the updated trim/oil harness will. Add to that the price of the adapters. You will now have a brand new tachometer getting its data from an almost 30 year old trim/oil harness.

Yamaha will appreciate getting your money.

Comment

enough said!

You are correct! Sometimes I just need someone to point out the little things to make sense of it? Thanks for all the help!
          P.S. I like my money more than Yamaha does! LOL

Comment

Working...
          X