Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok....here is an update.

Changed the oil....

Checked compression...all very good numbers.

Hooked up a run tank.

Got out of the no wake.....throttled up and it all sounded about the same. Looked at the tach and realized it was making 4000rpm...which was about 1000 more than before. Fooled with trim and got it up on plane....was a little rough..and seemed to lose power when hitting rough water. Cruised around a bit and it seemed to get better. Was now coming up on plane well.

Took it back in and changed back to the tank. Should run like poo again right?

Took it out and seemed to run well....still maybe a little off at wot. But I'm going to run some sea foam and hope for the best.

Comment

f115

My f115 does the same sometime 5000 sometimes 4000 with little power it always seems to be that little screen getting clogged . Then you sit for a while and it runs good the not just kind of a pain to keep cleaning the pump screen

Comment

This lil idea may help both of you guys out......

take that auxillary tank, put a full bottle of seafoam (16 oz) and add about a gallon and a half of gas- run it on that- it will smoke some, but that is the idea and that's why it works, the super rich concentration of seafoam breaks up the ethanol snot.

run it ( keep below 2000 rpm) for about 5 min

let sit for 15 min

run it again same as above

let sit for 30 min (while you are hooking up normal tank back up)

Has worked for me numerous times and beats the heck out of the taking half the motor apart to clean the VST tank AGAIN

Disclaimer- I'm not a mechanic

Comment

takes about 1 1/2 hours to clean the VST and injectors.
          beats detonating a piston.
          that takes a bit longer.

Comment

Would Yamaha's "Ringfree" work any better than Seafoam?
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
            X