f115 water pressure gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f115 water pressure gauge

I have heard that a water pressure gauge is very important on motors especially when you run it at high rpms and trimmed out to the max where cavitation can occur. I do not drive like a lunatic, but I would rather be cautious than to fry my grey beauty on the transom.

My question is if I could install it myself or should I have the dealer do it. I have no prob with mounting the gauge itself or running the wires but where to connect it on the motor. Also is this part standard for all yamahas or do i need something specific to my f115. I have had problems finding them.thanks!

Also, I am confused as to why some gauges (on yamahas accesories for this motor) need a sending unit and others don't.http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard.../0/detail.aspx

Comment

fishingtvn,
      The water pressure gauge is the best indicator of water pump performance - and it certainly will tell you when the pump starts starving for water on the intake.
      The sending unit itself is nothing but a fitting that screws into the top of the cylinder assy - should be a 14mm plug at the top of the cylinder assy and near where the head attaches.
      The fitting holds a pneumatic tubing that goes from the motor to the gauge at the console. You just want to route it so that it does not kink when the motor is turned port-to-starboard.
      I would stick with Yamaha's gauge kit - and I would get in touch with Boats.net, the sponsor of this forum for purchase - they will know what you need specific for your motor.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

TVN, on the F115 the 14mm plug that you remove to install the Yamaha WP gauge fitting is just to the left of the oil filter, right under the pressure relief valve (PRV) cover. While you're doing the install you might want to install the newly redesigned pressure relief valve too. Its a mushroom headed plastic valve redesigned to eliminate or reduce the chances of debris catching in, and blocking open, the pressure relief valve and causing loss of WP and overheats. The replacement p/n is 60H-12416-00-00 and costs about $5 at the dealer.
        I recommend just using the Yamaha WP gauge since it's metric just like the motor, and you won't have to mess with adapters like you would with Teleflex or any of the other brands. It will also match the rest of your Yamaha gauges and the color coded wiring will match your harness.

http://www.boats.net/yamaha/partsyst...mponent=316383

Mike ...... Miami, FL

Comment

thanks alot guys you've been very helpful once again!!

Comment

Working...
          X