2000 F80 F100 fuse order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 F80 F100 fuse order?

I have a year 2000 F80 and am wondering what is the correct order of the two fuses?

The owners manual has a picture that shows 30 amp should be on top and 20 amp on the lower slot. However on my engine i had 20 amp on top (i m not the first owner so not sure about the history here). Also the picture here on parts forum implicitely shows that it rather should be the 20 amp on top?

Any help on this matter? How is it in your unit

Also a wiring diagram would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mikko

My owner's manual does not show the 30 amp fuse as being on top of the 20 amp fuse. But then neither does it show the 20 being on top of the 30.

The parts catalog on the other hand clearly indicates that the 20 amp fuse is positioned on the top.

2003 F80TLRB Yamaha Outboard ELECTRICAL 2 Diagram and Parts

A wiring diagram(s) will be found in the applicable service manual.

Comment

Thanks for the rapid input!

However if you take a look at the picture on page 4-20 on your service manual it shows clearly 30 on top:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/s...-05-09_412.pdf

Strange...

Comment

I see what you mean now. I did not recognize that one set of fuses was marked with a 30 and the other with a 20.

Can you tell if one set of wires to a fuse is larger than the set to the other fuse? If so, the 30 amp fuse will be for the larger wires.

Or, you can pull both fuses and then use a multimeter to find out which wire runs from the positive battery terminal to the fuse holder. That wire will be for the 30 amp fuse.

I am betting that parts catalog is correct as opposed to the owner's manual.

Let us know.

Comment

The wire below was much thicker so it is the 30 amp, the owners manual has indeed an incorrect picture. For some reason with the multimeter i did not obtain a reading.

Comment

Working...
          X