engine id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine id

hi i have yamaha 4 ac 6eo s001709 can somebody help me identify this outboard, and what number to use when ordering spares thanks.

I am going to guess that it is a 1981 model year motor. Does the motor not have a sticker on it that indicates the month and year of manufacture?

A model 4AC is somewhat equivalent to the 4MSHS that was distributed in the US in 1994.

Know that if you order parts from the US for your motor you are at risk that the parts may or may not be useable on your motor. Probably will be but there is no guarantee.

Mr. Almetelo, do you agree? Help your fellow countryman out.

Comment

Here's an extract from my model guide. Looks to be a serial number too short, but boscoe99's pretty much on the ball .

Regards

John
      Attached Files

Comment

For some reason Yam would only use six digits in the serial number portion of the PID sticker for early year motors. I have always presumed to add a zero to a six number serial to get to the complete serial.

Comment

Thanks for that, always good to know.

Comment

Guys you already gave the answer... lol

Boa sorte com o seu motor.
            Se precisar alguma coisa há sempre aqui alguém para ajudar.

Estou a passar o fim de semana na ilha da Culatra

Cumprimentos
            Last edited by almetelo; 05-24-2014, 03:49 PM.

Comment

carlos

Hi guys, Thank you for your feed back. The plate on motor reads:Yamahah 4AC 6EO S001709 Yamahah motor CO,Ltd. r made in Japan.
              Is this motor an Europe addition? As we have not confirmed the year of this motor,how do I go about ordering spares? What ref. will I quote when ordering
              spares?
              Best Regards,
              Carlos

Comment

O motor foi fabricado em 1981.
                Para comprar peças cá basta dizer que é um 4AC prefixo 6EO.
                Esse motor foi vendido para os Estados Unidos apenas depois de 1994 ao que as peças podem ou não ser todas compatíveis, algumas com certeza serão.

Veja o manual das peças em anexo.
                Last edited by almetelo; 06-15-2014, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X