OX66 Oil Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX66 Oil Transfer

After reading what seems like a hundred post about Oil Transfer Issues on OX66 outboards I decided my best option would be to take my issue to a Yamaha Service Center. Unfortunately their were no Master Techs in my area and only one 5 Star Tech. After a month at this shop and no solution, I am very frustrated.

After replacing the floats in both tanks the tech says he got the system to work properly for three main tank fills, then it failed again.

The low oil alarm is also not working. There was no alarm installed on the boat, but the tech has wired one in, but has been unable to get it to work. It does not have Yamaha Gauges or warning lights.

I have a vacation planned this weekend and would like to take the boat out. The tech said I could use it if I added oil to the gas.

I would like to give it one last check before I resort to this. With both floats replaced, what parts are left that could be bad? If it is a wiring issue, where is the most likely source?

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

bad news there sunshine.
    even if you premix the RPM reduction function is gonna grab you.
    the horn is a simple device, it ties between the pink and yellow leads on the 10 pin main at the keyswitch.
    could be many things.
    bad switch or wiring at the remote tank.
    clogged remote tank filter.
    rather than getting in a hurry and tearing up the rig.
    find a real dealer with a real tech and have it rigged and repaired CORRECTLY then enjoy the rest of the season.

Comment

Working...
    X