Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to connect tachometer to Yamaha 70hp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect tachometer to Yamaha 70hp?

Hi,

one simple question - hope anybody get the right answer

http://de.geocities.com/*****dich/fotositetan.html

I try to connect this tachometer to my 95er/70HP/3Zyl/2Stroke Yamaha - but how?
    There is one green, one black, one red and one yellow wire comming from the remote box. How do i have to connect this to the srews of the Tachometer and what´s about the bridge connecting #2 and #3? #4 is ground(black) right?
    Maybe this way:
    4 black
    1 red
    2+3 (bridged) green
    ???????????????

Thanks 4 all ideas.

Yamaha has a harness that goes between control box and gauges that has multiple connections for each wire. If you do not have this harness the part number is
    6Y5-83553-00-00 tach harness
    6Y5-83553-M0-00 tach and speedo harness(use this one if you have both multifunction tach and speedo)

Comment

Thanks, but as you can see on the phote: The harness won´t fit to the tachometer ´cause the tacho gets only srews.

Comment

Get a Yamaha multi-gauge tach. You can find them on Ebay for under a hundred bucks. Then it'll plug into your harness trouble free. Other than that the green wire is from the tach output on the motor. Yellow is powered when the key is on. Red is powered all the time. Blue is the lighting. Black is ground.

Mike

Comment

u´re 100% right! - but where should i put which wire to? Green on #2 or#3 or... red on #???

Comment

uman nature will probably suck... elliot c keaton is boring... crappy tracey music... but if ur into european techno ull be drooling all over it..

Comment

I have the same tacho and problem on a 2nd hand boat I just bought and am trying to connect it to a 40hp mariner.
              As I understand..so far...G or (4) as you call it is for ground and you need a wire from the chargeing magneto to go to b (2). the wire needs to be on the input to the rectifier and not the dc output.
              Then 12(2)to b or 4 (3) to b needs to be linked depending on whether your magneto is a 4 or 12 pole.
              I am about to try mine on either setting and see if it works, then try to work out which link to use.
              The wiring from your box will be black to G (4) and Green to B (2) and link 12 (1) or 4(3) as above.

Comment

Working...
              X